Turmeric bubble tea (golden milk tea) is a healthy bubble tea drink with a large amountof strong health benefits. It has curcumin, which makes up most of the turmeric in it. The main reason why turmeric boba is such a healthy drink is because of the curcumin. It has many health benefits to offer, with one of the main ones being the anti-inflammatory effects. Many people believe this to be true, so they drink turmeric tea. People drink turmeric to relieve their arthritis. It has also been used to help with sprains and swellings.
The second benefit to drinking turmeric bubble tea is the digestive system health benefits that turmeric is said to give. It is believed to relieve gas problems like bloating, and help with irritable bowel syndrome. It can possibly help with stomach cramps caused by digestive issues.
Turmeric bubble tea could also possibly help with respiratory issues, as turmeric has been documented very well as being used as a medicine for treating respiratory issues. These include respiratory problems like asthma, and other allergies, even common colds.
Turmeric has also been used to open up blood circulation in the body and improve it. It is also a strong antioxidant that cleans the body of free radicals. These are toxins in the body that naturally form that need to be dispelled from the body to prevent cellular damage.
The bubble tea is one of the healthiest boba teas, especially if real honey is used as a sweetener. It also is said to add to the benefits of anti-inflammation along with respiratory benefits, and improved wound healing effects.
Much of the documented information for both turmeric and honey are also leaning towards having anti-cancer effects due to the large benefits of anti-inflammation.
How To Make Turmeric Bubble Tea
- Prepare 1/3 cup of cooked boba.
- Prepare the boba first since it will take the longest. Sago pearls are highly recommended to make this healthy boba drink, or crystal boba. Sago pearls can add even more vitamins and minerals that traditional tapioca pearls don’t have. However, regular tapioca pearls or instant tapioca pearls can be used too.
- Cook the tapioca pearls first before making the rest of the drink. There is a guide to cooking boba, but in the end, instead of soaking the boba into brown sugar, it can be soaked into real honey to make the boba healthier, and keep it in line with the nature of the golden milk bubble tea.
- Heat up and add 1 1/2 cups of milk to a cup.
- Heat the milk up to as warm or hot as you like it. (Skip heating the milk if you want an iced turmeric bubble tea).
- Any milk can be used, but coconut milk, whole milk, or soy milk is recommended for the best effects and flavor. The milk will also help to add bone strength health benefits from the rich vitamin D and calcium found in whole milk.
- Milk combined with tea is an excellent combinations.
- Add 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder to the cup.
- Add 3.5 ounces of real honey to the cup.
- Use real honey to sweeten the bubble tea, just like real honey is used for golden milk tea (turmeric). Real honey will add even more great health benefits.
- Real honey is natural and only contains one ingredient: honey. You can use the recommended amount to sweeten the turmeric bubble tea, or use less or more.
- Mix it all together, and add the boba into the drink.
Adding in the boba to the turmeric drink can grant the drink some additional carbohydrates that will improve energy. Most teas do not have calories or carbohydrates, which are vital for keeping the body going throughout the day. Even though the teas are healthy, they can be better with boba to help gain some real source of energy from foods, instead of just vitamins and minerals.
It is important to consume drinks that a rich in vitamins and minerals, like this bubble tea, but don’t neglect the calories in foods needed to keep the body going. Energy is vital for our bodies.
Flavors That Go Well With Turmeric
Here are the flavors that will go well with turmeric if you wish to try other ingredients with the turmeric bubble tea:
- Pumpkin spice
- This is one of the best combinations to use with the turmeric bubble tea.
- Cayenne pepper
- Coriander powder
- Cumin powder
- Garlic powder
- Ginger powder
- Oregano powder
- Parsley powder
Any of the herbs or spices above will work well with turmeric boba tea and add additional health benefits. Some of the spices can get combined with others in the turmeric drink.
Any of these fruit flavors can go with the turmeric bubble tea to create a healthy fruit bubble tea drink. The best combinations are coconut, lemon, or lime.
- This should be used as the main thing to sweeten the boba tea. Use this instead of granulated sugars like white or brown sugar. Use more or less to get the desired sweetness.
- Also using this instead of sugars, will make this one of the healthiest bubble tea drinks that you probably will ever have. It is healthier than match bubble tea, with way more nutrients and health benefits.